Monday, April 27, 2015

PUERTO MALDONADO


well these last couple weeks have been a bit cray crazy. 
well last Monday went on splits with my beloved Hermana Essig in Tio which was really fun, love her so much. we have realized we have come a LONG way from the CCM...thank goodness. 


                             
                                             Sister Essig 




Then wendsday we had concilio with presidente which is a training meeting we have at the mission home with all the zone leaders and hermana leaders and prez and hermana harbertson.

Its awesome every time we get to hear prez talk, its just
like spiritual awesomeness coming out of his mouth every time. He talked a lot about obedience and also how everything we are learning here in the mish is going to help us out so much with whatever job were going to to do after.Its so true, there's rules and standards everywhere, school,  jobs, life and if we can't learn how to keep the rules here in the mish were not going to know how in other places.

Also we eat a SUPER yummy lunch, we had lagzañaaa and VEGGIEs!!! and cake and icecream... spiritually and physically fed to the MAX.


last week we also visited the hermanas in Puerto Maldonado (The Jungle).And like I said we had to go in plane and you all know how I am with planes...but I experienced a modern day miracle....the church is true and there really is nothing more american then apple pie. There can be miracleeees when you belieeeeeve(whitney houston voice)
but really I thought I would die on that airplane ride but....I didn't get sick, I didn't feel nauseated, ya sure it wasn't my favorite part of the week but I was fine and was able to work normally when we arrived and got back. 


             PUERTO MALDONADO


So Puerto Maldonado basically in the MIDDLE of the jungle and hotter than Africa. its like quillabamaba but MORE jungle and WAAY more hotter. When we arrived I got off the plane and thought the wing motor was blowing hot air and my thoughts exactly were ugh this is uncomfortable and kept walking away from the plane...it wasn't the plane. its super humid and hot. its like Florida and Hawaii combined. but I was super happy at least it wasn't cold cusco. Theres 2 companionship of sisters in Puerto so the first day I was with Hermana Tango( who I lived with in quilla) and it was really fun.



              PUERTO MALDONADO



Puerto is really different. everyone is more layed back and has a chill personality and everyone's house is out in the open and there's less clothes...but LOTS more fruit. I think I tried like 5 new fruits that I didn't even know existed. 




The second day I was with Hermana White and it was SO HOT, I have never sweated so much and I casi NUNCA sweat, so that just tells ya how hot it was. I drank like 8 glasses of refresco that day and only went to the bathroom once...where as here its like I drink a little glass of water and I gotta go 5 minutes later. But it was a cool experience, I'm excited to go back and visit.


                WITH SISTER TANGO


Then this week we were in Urubamba visiting the sisters there and seeing as how they are now visiting ollantaytambo I worked with hermana Minaya todo el dia (all day) in my good old Ollanta. Hermana Juana (my other mother) was sooooper happy and made my favorite lunch colifor rebosado with palta(shes the best) and I was able to visit a couple of people, of course a ton of people weren't home..typical ollanta but it was fun being in old territory.

I really like visiting the Other hermanas but it gets kinda hard cause we are not in our sector as much as I would like. I'm still getting to know people and getting to know my Ginormous sector and the change is almost done and it seems I've only been in the sector 2 weeks... but the Lord will help us out. 


This morning at 2 in the morning we had to drop of my comp to go to machu pichu so I'm kinda tired and its not the first time I've had to wake up before the sun this week(taking sisters to the airport)...then today I visited the ruins of ollanta wiht the hermanas I live with which was much fun. 


                                                          
               TODAY IN OLLANTAYTAMBO


well love you all hope your lives are as crazy as mine...it makes life that much more interesting. 
xoxoxo
Hermana rasmussen


                WITH MY COMP 


quote of the week:
hermana azevdo who I live with: yo quiero mis poop cats 
(trying to say kittens, thinking about puppies) 

craving of the week: apple pie and home made quesadillas in the microwave



                                            BEAUTIFUL JUNGLE

No comments:

Post a Comment