Monday, September 22, 2014

Is this water sanitary? It looks questionable to me!!

HOLA. wow. SO much change in the last week. change of house comp food climate clothes EVERYTHING. 


So lasts days in quilla...
I wasn't able to leave the day of changes because of the strike which was actually nice because it left time to be able to say bye to people and pack. Lots of bitter sweet goodbyes, my time in quilla was a dream. better said, it was the best of times it was the worst of times. but I learned so much and am so grateful for those experiences and people because I'm changing for the better because of them even though I would never choose to go through some over again, I know it was what Heavenly Father had planned for me.

So because of the strike I had to be ready at any moment just in case there was a pass in the road, so i never got my classic quillabama polleria goodbye dinner but I got chicken for lunch just for me my pensionista bought cake cause the joke was how much I loved cake cause I would always mention it if she asked what we wanted for dinner. so i finally got my cake! but I left at like 4 from Quillabama, saying bye was sweet, especially to Poli, she cried but I know the ward and the hermanas are going to take care of her. 


            Poli and her family

Of course it was sweltering hot when I left Quillabamba, I usually never sweat but that day I was sweating, and the mosquitos where attacking my legs again, 13 new bites I would say it was quite terrible but I think it was a sign it was my time to leave haha, I cried saying bye to my pensionista and her daughter Brissa and my comp, they have been my family for the last 6 months and I saw them everyday but like what peewee herman says..gotta move on. 






 One more cookie with sister Luque


                 
   

    Last lunch with my pensionista




    Bye Quilla... going in a torito

so we left quilla at like 4 and I arrived in urubamaba at like 9 and I had to sleep with the sisters in urubamaba before I ould meet my comp in ollantaytambo and who was there to meet me? hermana Essig!!!! I basically jumped into her arms and screamed i was so happy to see her.


               Hermana Essig


So I slept with her and her comp that night and in the morning I met my comp hermana howskins and we arrived at ollantaytambo which is like 40 minutes from urubamba. but can I just 
say ITS UNREAL




                My new comp







Ollantaytabmo is like a unreal happy little tourist village enveloped in history. its beautiful and SO cute walking the streets I keep saying how cute it is. We live above the store of my pensionista and the view from my window is also unreal, I mean I can see all the ruines! ruines from my window...who could have guessed. I remember when we went as a family and Scott said that the missionaries lived in ollaytaytambo and the foundation of their house was like the real Incan rock...little did I know that that would be ME! I walk the streets and I'm like "do I really live here?" 



                   I live upstairs



You know you left Quillabmaba and live in Ollantaytambo when...

You are using clothes for the cold you have never used your whole mission and boots you have never used 

you look like Rudolf and your nose is red all the time. 

you sleep with a scarf, a thermal shirt and a sweatshirt, thermal tights, sweatpants, 2 pairs of socks 4 blankets 2 of which are about 1 inch thick

You wake up and do exercises to get warm, you do squats and do ninja kicks before after and in between studies just to get your blood moving and jump around and do exercises throughout the day to raise your internal temperature 

You look up at the mountain and there are gorgeous ruins everywhere 

church is 30 minutes away 

Hippies and gringo old couples in full columbia hiking gear is NOT uncommon.

the bathroom in downstairs from your room and outside sooo when you wake up in the middle of the night having to go the bathroom (almost always..TMI?) its like a death sentence. especially because it entails walking past your super creaky wooden floor, down the stairs, through the store, through the kitchen, and opening the door to outside that you 'can't ever get open and the dog barking... ya its an adventure. 

Although this is NOT my climate and I am the BIGGEST baby you will ever meet when it comes to the cold,  I am very happy to be here and serve the people, this area is a little hard cause its all touristy so nobody really lives here in ollanta but we are going to be working hard and put in all in the hands of the lord.

love you all

big warm brother bear hug

Hermana Rasmussen

No comments:

Post a Comment