Tuesday, August 5, 2014

SOY SOLTERA Y HAGO LO QUE QUIERO













what up fam. lets see last time I wrote I  was in cusco. that night my comp left with another sister for Lima and I was companions with hermana Gomez who's comp also went to Lima. I slept there and the next day worked in Cusco. So Cusco is colddddd...maybe not that cold to some but being in the jungle for 4 months anything below sweltering and super hot it cold. so my nose turned into rudolf and my nose was running a ton...lo peor.  it was pretty neat working in a different sector, not going to lie I missed Quillabama sooooo much just in this one day I was surprised, mostly cause yo odio el frio ( don't like the cold) more then anything. but we visited with a member and his inactive wife and they work in tourism and their house was nice it made me happy to be inside haha but he was a returned missionary from Scotts mission but hes older then him but he served in Quillabama too which was cool. So that night my comp returned from Lima and straight from the airport we went to the terminal to take a combie to Urubamba to sleep with the hermanas so we that we could meet up with president and wife and assistants to hitch a ride with them in the morning cause conference with pres was the next day. lets just say that night I didn't get much sleep. with 4 hermanas in 2 beds...not a comfortable situation. but I liked Urubama it was like a farm land. except for the gas station which was like walking into the states I found betty crocker brownie mix and cookie mix! which naturally I bought the second I saw them... even though the expiration date was for the next day haha I'll die happy. 

we met up with presidente in the morning and took the 4 hour ride to Quillabmama, which was fun. I didn't get car sick which was a miracle. the second we arrived in quilla we had to run get changed and go to the conference. president talked about attitude and how important it is and how it can really change our whole aspect of life, and no matter our circumstances we can always have a good attitude because the problems and struggles of life are always going to come and we may not have control but we do have control over our attitude.

One of my favorite citas that I had this week was with a part member family the quillillis and the son David who is 10 and his brother Cesar who is 16 are conversos recientes and the dad is menos activo and the mom non member but they usually always come to church but the problem is they are married. a couple of months ago hermana ignacio and me were trying to help them put a date for their matrimonio but they were all loosy goosy about it and didn't want to do anything so we left them to their own pensamientos for a bit. So hermana Luque and I 2 months later went back to talk about it and the mom was telling us how good she felt at church and how much she wants to be baptized and the blessings shes seen from going to church and the church for her kids, and that just made me so happy! that she was recognizing the crazy awesome blessing that come from the gospel! And the dad was telling us about how he feels bad for certain things and we talked about repentance and putting goals for their matrimonio. ahhhh i want them to get married soo bad! pray for them. i have the feeling that now is their time. 


love yall to bunches of oats and yummy american burgers that i want so bad straight off the grill on the fourth of july. and dads thai food. hmmmmm 

xoxox

Hermana Rasmussen (rapunzel as some here say)

No comments:

Post a Comment