Thursday, August 6, 2015

L8tr Sk8tr‏



             



I don't like this one bit. last email....
ya so it hasn't really hit me yet that this is my last week...I'm pretty sure tonight I'm going to loose it. Were still working full blast but my companion poor thing is getting pretty stressed about changes and who will be her new comp and all that jazz so she has pretty much over dosed in chocolate these last couple of days ha ha she is definitely my daughter.

If miracles happen, which they do Marleni and her son Fernando are going to get baptized on Friday. PRAY!!! they are so ready and so amazing!

The truth is I really am not sure what to say. I feel like I have been in a time bubble in this amazing country with these amazing people that I love so much for the past 18 months and now reality is about to blow it.

This mission experienced has changed my life. This has definitely been the hardest thing I have ever done but it has changed me in a way I don't think anything else could have. The Lord has given me this gift to be able to see the world through different eyes to really see the plan of salvation in action and feel and see the Lords hand in ALL things.

I have come to know my Savior better and been able to feel his love in inexpressible ways. I know I am never alone in my trials and the mercy and grace of a merciful Father in Heaven has given me the power and ability to keep on going. 


I have come to a realization of how weak I really am and how Dependent him I truly am. I have come to the knowledge that happiness doesn't come from outer circumstances but truly comes from within and that the happiest most giving people I know live in one room adobe houses with posters and newspapers to cover the windows instead of glass and dirt floors and yet have so much Light and joy within them its indescribable. 


I have learned the problems and struggles of life never end but depending on our obedience and confidence in the Lord we CAN be happy. 

I know this church is true. 
I know the book of Mormon changes lives.
I know my Savior lives. 
I love this amazing country and I love these amazing people and will definitely be leaving a piece of my heart.


yes it hurts but as Pee wee herman said "well dotty....gottta move on" (is that what he says?..its been a while I don't really remember) ha ha well you get the jist. 

xoxox

Hermana Rasmussen 

p.s. I might just bring home fleas.... 

ONE MORE THING.... 
before going home from the airport....can we go straight to the temple and do a session? if you could bring to the airport my temple bag... 
I want to do one last session as a missionary because there is ALOT to be grateful for. Please...

No comments:

Post a Comment